Take off of another question, how much is appropriate for teachers...

My kids go to preschool 2 days per week, they each have a teacher and assistant. I like to do gift cards, what dollar amount would you find appropriate?

gramsmom

Asked by gramsmom at 3:14 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Holidays

• I dont think there is a set amount that is "appropriate". It comes down to what is appropriate for your personal budget. Some would do $5 some would do $20 depending on their own personal financial situation.... and both would be appropriate.
    Anonymous

• I'd go o the dollar store ad buya trinket. I used to teach. $1.06 here.
    Anonymous

• Of course, I type fast and this keyboard doesn't work correctly. I would go to the dollar store and buy a trinket. $1.06 here. It's the thought, not the gift. Or food. Make some cookies.
    Anonymous

• $5 Starbucks gift card . . . have your child make a card to go with it.
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 3:19 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I like the idea of a $5 Starbucks card. They could splurge on a latte. Or you could spend $10, but it really is the thought that counts.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:23 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Mine asks for hand soaps from bath and body and kleenex and such.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:27 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• It really depends on what you can afford. I usually give my kids' preschool teacher a $25 gift card and take little gift bags for any others who are less involved with my kids, but my kids go 5 days a week. $5 or $10 for Starbucks or Sonic is also very nice (my friend who teaches preschool says those are her favorites).
    Anonymous

• I like the idea of a plant with a flag with my son's picture on it that reads: thank you for helping me grow. I copy it from another mom here in CM That's what we will do this year.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 4:17 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• It depends on your budget... do they like plants? maybe something like that... or homemade cookies in a basket...
    If you are wanting to get gift cards, a book store in your area, starbucks, maybe $5. oir $10. in a nice card with your little ones own writing and you just print their name...
    I use to teach... and I still have EVERYTHING that was given to me by my students... and it's been 9 yrs now since I retired....
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 4:37 PM on Nov. 16, 2009