What could be done? ( Bought a fridge without home delivery)

Now my dh is kicking himself in the butt for it. He just got done taking out the old fridge but man it was a pain for he and I but we got it out...I wouldn't doubt it if we wake up with backaches tomorrow :(

Now he's like damn now I don't know how we are going to bring in the new one?
We did try to get it changed to get the delivery but then we would have had to pay alot more for the fridge something about the sale (savings of 265.00)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Home & Garden

• rent a dolly
    Anonymous

• Duh! how do you think we got the old one out???
    Anonymous

• Just pay to deliver it. There is nothing else you can do.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:21 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I would ask friends for help. And sometimes it doesn't pay to skimp right? I worked for a store in ORegon and we sold appliances to people in Washington looking to avoid sales tax. If they had it delivered they would have to pay the tax. :(
    You are not talking about getting it home, but getting it in and out of the truck and into the house right?
    Anonymous

• Remember your pivit points and leverage. When we lifted fridges and moved them around in the store we would not "lift" so much as slide, tilt, place dolly under, tilt, slide ...ect.
    Getting it down from truck: Place fridge on dolly, door side out. Place dolly on edge of tailgate and slide fridge and dolly down tailgate.
    It really really is a matter of tilting and sliding. Good luck, and ask for help!!!

(Disclaimer: we usually had two to four guys doing this! If you damage your truck or fridge from following these instructions...your own fault.)
    Anonymous