Evil spirits...

My cousin and I have been planning a Christmas gathering for just us girls. It was supposed to be a time for us to get together and catch up, do an ornament exchange and whatever. But now I'm supposed to bring a coconut for a "Spiritual cleansing of evil spirits and negative energy" because my Aunt thinks it's a great idea and I think she's a witch! LOL... I don't have evil spirits or negative energy! What would you do and have you ever heard of this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:18 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't know if she is a witch or not, but I am Pagan, and I use things to remove negativity from my home all the time. It doesn't mean that any 1 person is negative, but things come and go as your door opens and closes.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 3:22 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Just tell her you will bring a ornament not a coconut. She can do a spiritual on another day.

And NO NEVER heard of this.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 3:22 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• LOL! does she think they are in her house???

I say you come in a coconut bra and grass skirt.... AND hire a sexy young polonesain (?sp) dancer to come and shake it abit ... dont forget the santa hat.

That is about how seriously I would take evil spirits who hate coconuts.
    Anonymous

• i would of probbably laughed @ her when she said this..lol....is she all th way there??
    Anonymous

• I've never heard of this being done, I'm not pagan but i have done other things to cleans my house. I think it's weird that she's taking stuff like spiritual cleansing so lightly- you shouldn't just dabble in shit like that. It's way more powerful than people think.
    Hali_Taylor

Answer by Hali_Taylor at 3:34 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Coconut?

Evil spirits?

Damn, these jokes are just writing themselves!
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:40 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I am a Pagan and I can not recall a use for coconuts to cleanse anything.  But I definitely do not know how each person should or should not ward of evil spirits. 

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:50 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I am a Wiccan - Witch and I have never used or heard (could be wrong) of a coconut being used in a cleansing...
    Have YOU even asked her why she would like you to bring a coconut? Have you ever asked your Aunt if she is a Witch or if this is just something funny that she wants to do??????
    Before YOU panic... ask questions.....
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 4:03 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Even if she says she IS a witch, it should be no big deal. My family calls on me for my knowledge of teas and herbal remedies as well as lots of other things. And that includes my brother who is a minister.    I have helped a family member do a research paper on Pagans concering our every day life.   

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:09 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I agree with pnwmom... my family tho most are wiccan, they do call on me for many reasons... so what is the big deal if she is????
    A cleansing is also a good begining for a good new yr.... so in any case there is no harm being done if that is what she wishes to do...
    But as I stated in my pp before paniciking ask... your Aunt why she would like the coconut...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 4:17 PM on Nov. 16, 2009