Only Liberal, Non Christians Can't Be Offended?

Earlier today, some jack hole posted something about a Bill of Non Rights, and included how America is Christian, and telling libs we can't be offended by blah blah blah. And then....

The article I just read is EXACTLY what I've been trying explain lately. People like this are what bug the crap out of me.

Basically, the Christian group, American Family Association is boycotting GAP because of their commercial that includes many different religious cultures. And guess why?

They feel the ad is OFFENSIVE. Ok, if that's not the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what is. Link in reply below.

NightPhoenix

Asked by NightPhoenix at 3:34 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 3:36 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 3:38 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• (yawns)
    Anonymous

• Jack hole?

What exactly does that bring to the debate?
    Anonymous

• omg...ppl just keep getting stupider & stupider! the boycott link says they are boycotting the GAP b/c they've never used Christmas by itself, so it has nothing to do w/ the new ad? are they gonna boycott Walmart & Target too b/c they put "Happy Holidays" signs up instead of only "Merry Christmas" ones?

now if the Gap ad had left out Christmas while listing all the others i could understand the boycott, but this is ridiculous. good thing the AFA's opinions dont mean jack to me cause i LOVE Old Navy haha...even tho the ad is annoying.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:44 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• You are comparing some group protesting a Private Company in the Free market society (using the consumer pwer of choice) vs some people believing in some historical records show America is a God Loving, God Respecting country? Hello Apples..... Let's stack you up against Oranges..

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:53 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Jack hole? What exactly does that bring to the debate?

Going out on a limb here and saying it DOESN'T bring IQ points.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:54 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• LOL those are my fav stores. OH WELL
    Hate to break it to these people but noone says christmas anymore
    When I worked at the 99 cent only store we werent allowed to say merry christmas we were only alloweed to say happy holiddays
    Anonymous

• Is it The Gap or Old Navy? Gotta know where to shop now. Any time the AFA says boycott, I run out and buy products from the company they are trying to crush.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:55 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• good thing the AFA's opinions dont mean jack to me cause i LOVE Old Navy haha...even tho the ad is annoying.

LOL...you DO realize that Old Navy is a SUBSIDIARY of The Gap (along with Banana Republic), right?!?!? :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:12 PM on Nov. 16, 2009