How long before I get my BFP? AF still not here, supposed to show last week.

AF was supposed to be here on Thurs or Fri. She still hasn't shown up (not that I want her to). But I have taken 3 hpt (1 on Wed, 1 on Sat, 1 today) and all have been BFN. Has anyone else taken a home test and gotten a bfn but been pregnant? When did you get a bfp (how many days past ovulation or days past when AF was supposed to show up)?

I am now 16 DPO and 4 days past when AF was supposed to show.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I agree with previous poster. I knew EVERY abreviation that you had mentioned. And if they didn't, they most likely wouldn't be much help!!! Anywho.....YES its VERY possible to have a BFN and still be preggers. It really all depends on when you ovulate. So wait (as hard as it is) and test again in a week. I had the hardest time waiting. I would POS everyday until I got my BFP or AF!!!
    GOOD LUCK!!!!!
    angelmom713

Answer by angelmom713 at 4:14 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• too many abbreviations. dont have time to look'em up actually. but i'd like to know what ur saying....so again...in english please.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 3:36 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Please translate into English.

Anonymous

• What is a bfp?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:37 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• bfp is big fat positive. Otherwise, forget it, nevermind, sorry i even posted.
    Anonymous

• Should have known better than to post here, all you ever get around here is trolls and stupid comments.
    Anonymous

• Hey hon, really, if they don't know the abbreviations they aren't going to help you much anyway (especially since those are used quite a lot on this forum and in cm in general).

It is entirely possible to get a negative test at home and still be pregnant, even for a while after your period was supposed to start. I never had a positive preg test at home. I went to the dr because I was run down, they ran a blood test and said I was pregnant. When I went for the ultrasound the next week, I was 10 weeks preg! I had only taken a home test about 3 days before my dr appointment and it was negative (I must have been about 8 weeks at that point). That's how it was for all my pregnancies and I have 4 children. I never know I am preg until I'm well into my first trimester. good luck! Hope you get your BFP!
    Anonymous

• I undestand what you is saying the women on here can be so nasty and rude. Some of the abbreviations are some that we as adults should know. And its very much in ENGLISH. I understood and the person above me understood what you was saying also. Some women on here just dont have a heart for people.It could be alot of reasons why you getting a bfn. but the best thing is call your doctor and get some blood work done. I have heard of women getting a bfn and when they get blood work its a bfp. so good luck.
    Anonymous

• OP here - Thank you both anons and angelmom713. My DH and I have been trying for a year and this is the first time AF has been late. I've never had a hpt come back bfn but I only have 1 other child and I took 3 tests, all BFP in the first week of my missed period. I was just so excited to see some replies, hoping for some help or ideas and came back to see those responses. I am so excited that I may finally be preg again, not to mention I have been a bit emotional lately. Thank you so much for your responses and your kind words! I guess if I get another bfn this week (DH wants to wait until Friday, I'll be a week late then) before calling the dr. Glad to know I may be preg but hpt just not picking it up yet. Thanks!
    Anonymous

• The best thing that you can do is relax. Stress is not good for anyone.From what I understood from health care pro's is that the test are more effective 5 days after your missed period and also will not show until at least 14days after you concieve. Relax and wait a week and test again and make sure you use a quality test and test first thing in the morning. The HCG levels are higher in the first morning urine. Good luck on everything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Nov. 17, 2009