My due date is same WEEK as my planned wedding date!

What's your advice ladies? We set this date months ago and I really do not want to change it. But do I really want to be 9 months pregnant at my wedding? Who am I kidding? It's in the summer and we were planning to go to a water park for our honeymoon, so that [and any other travel] is out of the picture. We can't move it a couple weeks later because our officant will be leaving town a couple days after the wedding and won't be back for a month.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You really cant' have it the same week... it's totally normal to deliver two weeks on either side of your edd. You could pay for your wedding, only to miss it because you're in the hospital giving birth!

I would either move it up significantly, or move it back at least a couple months after the birth. You can't bet on a wedding and a due date in the same week! JMO... good luck whatever you decide!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 3:45 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• r u serious??? nine months pregnant. that will totally suck to have ur baby on ur honeymoon. i mean postpartum in the beginning weeks of marriage. i dont know, doesnt float my boat. do what works for u, but what fun can u have in a waterpark, when ur that pregnant??
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 3:38 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I would move it WAY UP. Everyone knows you were planning on getting married.... there was just an oops in the timing of that baby. So move it WAY UP.

Anonymous

• I'd move it up and get it done before the baby comes. You can wait until the baby is old enough to stay overnight with your mom or MIL to take a honey moon. You don't want to be nine months pregnant at your wedding...or worse yet MISS your wedding because you are in labor. Your due date is just an estimate, so you really should block out several weeks before and after as not good dates for your wedding.
    Anonymous

• How about a Chirstmas (if you celebrate it) wedding.

I bet you could put on a lovely wedding with all the holiday colors, and lights, etc..... it would be sooo pretty!

Oh....or here is a GREAT idea.... you could throw a BIG new years eve party and surprise all the guests with a wedding. I have heard of this a couple of times and EVERYONE loved it. It was soooo special.
    Anonymous

• Good luck to the baby.
    Anonymous

• Personally, I would have a small wedding in the next couple of months and then have a grand party the next summer. That's just who I am. I wouldn't want to be hugely pregnant at my wedding. it would just be no fun. Plus babies have a habit of coming when they are ready, not when the calendar says they should (2 of my 3 were early, the other was on his edd.)
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:43 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Either have the wedding a lot sooner or push it back to the following year - when baby's 1.
    Anonymous

• have a smaller wedding now and the big one in the summer.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:45 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• you could have your baby early and you will not be wanting to get married when you have a 2 day old baby. going to have to change it sorry. :)
    Anonymous