MIRENA IUD and pregnancy?

does anyone know how soon after removing an IUD it usually takes to start gettng pregnant or till you can try?

alicianana4life

Asked by alicianana4life at 4:01 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I got my Mirena taken out to try and get pregnant...and I wound up getting pregnant THAT day. Weird. But, when my doctor found out that I got pregnant the same day I got my IUD taken out...she told me all these risks I hadn't known about. I guess you're supposed to wait, I don't remember exactly how long...I think a few months...but, if you get pregnant too soon, you're a higher risk for miscarraige because your uterus is all yucky or something. But my son was born perfectly healthy...8lbs 7.3oz. I guess it all depends on the person...
    michellelee3708

Answer by michellelee3708 at 4:13 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Depends on how long you've had it in. Like all birth control the longer you're on it the longer it's supposed to take before you can get pregnant. Thing about Mirena is that depending on the women it can be either over affective or under affective. One of my best friends just had her 4 kid and she got pregnant with her Mirena IUD still in. Talk to your doc you'll get the best answer from them, but with most IUDs it will usually take somewhere between 4 and 6 months for you to be fertile again.
    jrsjrb

Answer by jrsjrb at 9:01 PM on Nov. 16, 2009