Wow have you read this??? "HEALTHY TO DEATHS DOOR IN ONE WEEK"

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/SwineFluNews/h1n1-victims-healthy-deaths-door-week/story?id=9054126
On one floor of the University Hospital Case Medical Center in Cleveland, the H1N1 virus is showing just how random, powerful and destructive it can be, even for healthy adults in the prime of their lives.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Anonymous

• As the tag line states:

"In 1 Percent of Swine Flu Cases, Doctors Say Virus Attacks Lungs So Viciously That Other Organs Can Fail"

And HOW many people die annually from the common seasonal flu?
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:06 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• maybe it's a terrorist attack and not really h1n1
    Anonymous

• was just about to say the same thing that lori did.... i am so sick of all of the paranoia. jeez...
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:09 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Why are you attacking me? I am posting the link to an article I thought should be read, and I want to discuss it with reasonable people. How many of those who die annually from the common flu are YOUNG PEOPLE IN THE PRIME OF THIER LIVES??? Not many. Usually it is OLD people or VERY YOUNG or those with immune problems. Now it is attacking people who should not be dying from the flu.
    Anonymous

• "H1N1 for most patients is a relatively benign disease and doesn't progress. But a small percentage of patients can have very, very severe disease and can die from this," Blitz said. "The unfortunate thing about it is that it's not in patients that we can predict with any reliability who gets really sick from it. The ones that we've been seeing here are quite young, in their 30s and 40s, and otherwise very healthy and previously healthy, who come down with H1N1, and within a week's time are on death's door."

Anonymous

• Now it is attacking people who should not be dying from the flu.

Sorry, just trying to keep some perspective. ONE percent of the people who contract Swine Flu and die from it does not make an epidemic/pandemic. However, everyone who gets a bad cold or seasonal flu is "tagged" as having the Swine Flu--but are recovering just fine within a week.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:21 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• http://www.unitedjustice.com/death-statistics.html

*******
    You should probably start pushing awareness about those deadly cars. I have a feeling the same people who are educating is about the dangers of swine flu have no problem piling into a car with their kids, when you are over twice as likely to die in a car accident as from the common flu.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:36 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• i heard something like 6000 have died world wide in a relatively short time during off season and that is why it's now a pandemic. over 500 kids have died. im contemplating the vaccine but honestly im so worried about my unborn fetus that i am still unable to make a decision. my doctor says... but if you get it and die there won't be any fetus to worry about.. but goodness i just cant come to grips with putting something into my body that may cause irreversible damage to my child. i know folks say there is no risk...but im just not so sure!!!!
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 4:51 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Whats your point? There isn't enough of the vaccine to go around as it is. Even people wanting it can't get it. Guess you better just knock on wood in case you come down with it.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:57 PM on Nov. 16, 2009