Do you have any lasting effects from having the H1N1 flu?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Health

• My daughter had H1N1 in May. She came home with a fever wednesday; it was gone by Saturday night. Her cough and congestion lasted a few days longer.

For someone with a normal, healthy immune system and no underlying illnesses, the flu is fairly harmless, no matter what name it has.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:46 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Really, because my kids had it in September. (Diagnosed by a doctor and tested positive) They are still not themselves. They are exhausted, have bags under their eyes, complain of muscle and joint aches. I am not sure but this sounds alot like MONO to me. Except with my kids they did not have a sore throat and tested positive for H1N1.
    Anonymous

• It will be 2 weeks tomorrow and my ds still cant shake it. He was fever free Fri, Sat and Sun and it came right back on Monday and today.. He looks awful as well. Bags, lethargic, wont hardly eat, wont come out of his room. If he needs something, he will send me a text message instead of coming downstairs or even calling out to me. He is wiped out. Did the 5 days of Tamiflu but dont know how much it helped.
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 1:29 AM on Dec. 2, 2009