sons birthday party ideas

My son is turning 11 and was pricing the moonwalks and etc but they seem so expensive. Does any one have any ideas on how to make a party fun with out a lot of money. Thanks

Susan

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think at 11 they would get too rough in a moonwalk. That is around the age when we phased out the big party. At 11, we took 3 boys to Medieval Times. It was huge hit!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:19 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I had a GREAT party for my son when he was about that age. We did a scavenger hunt. I gave each child an envelope with the name of a sports personality on it. Then hubby took the starting trivia question and the notes as to the starting spot, a 10 foot length of rope, and a compus. 1) he asked a trivia question and who ever had the name on their enevelope that answered the trivia question opened the envelope to find the directional clue. 2) that child read and lead that leg of the hunt. 3) when they got to the next location they had to hunt around for the next clue that I had pre-hidden.

Example -
    clue one - walk 35 ft due north. When they got there they looked all around until they found the clue I hid under a bush.
    clue two - walk south west and turn right at the fork in the road, go 10 ft. LOL... I litterally put a fork in the road.
    etc.

They ended at a park with me & a cake.
    Anonymous

• this is anon :23

I forgot to mention... when they found the "clues" they were just 3x5 cards with a triva question. Who ever had the envelope with the correct sports name to answer the question opened and THAT is where the next clue came from.

At one point they ended up at a store near our home.... I got permision from the owner to hide one of the clues in the store.

In total they walked about 3 miles.
    Anonymous