Random question about poop....

Mine floats, but my 4 year old's sinks to the bottom. Why????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Health

• HA this is about the best question I've seen!!! I never compared mine actually to any of my kids. hmmm... maybe because you process faster or he ate more fiber that day? interesting question seriously...
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 4:27 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I seen that on Dr. OZ It had somethjing to do with the faty stuff in your system not breaking it down right..But poop is not suposed to float..Maybe you could look at his web site and see if there's any info on that or check at Dr.mercola.com
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 4:36 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Does it float? Whether or not your feces float is an indicator of a healthy diet. A good diet would result in the stool sinking to the bottom. A floating stool may be a symptom of a more serious problem but more than likely it is because you are eating too many fatty foods in your diet.

Anonymous

• continued: Increased levels of nutrients in the stool are supplied to the normal bacteria that live in the gut, which in turn produce more gas. This results in more gas-rich stools that float. Lower the fat content of your food and your poop should sink. from :
    Bowel Movement 101

By Keith Quackenbush Platinum Quality Author

Keith Quackenbush
    Level: Platinum

Just a typical guy slugging his way through life with every intent on being happy. I wish to spread knowledge and wealth to all those ...

Anonymous