when you have house guests

When you have house guests how long do they usually stay for? Do you do your house work infront of them or wake up early to do it... or do it after they have gone to bed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• A weekend or so. I get up early and do it. I don't like to do it in front of them, because im afraid they would feel obligated to help me.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 4:33 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I hate having house guests. The only person who ever sleeps over is my MIL. I find it very uncomfortable and can't wait until she leaves. If I don't get to a certain chore - laundry, dishes, anything, she will do it. So I find myself running around like crazy trying to do everything before she does.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:33 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I do what I can when I can wheather the are there or not sometimes they'll offer if they can help or I just wait til they all leave and do everything all at once.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:34 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• We have never, ever had houseguests and I hope we never will. Unless you count my daughter's friends, but I don't count them as what I consider official houseguests.
    I would probably go about my routine as normal no matter what time of day it was. Some things just can't wait to be done later.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 4:37 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I do the housework quickly so that it doesn't seem to them that I am being put to extra effort because they are there. I'll mop the kitchen floor, for example right after finishing the dishes, so that the floor is clean, but it is so quick that they hardly notice. I'll run laundry when we are all relaxing after dinner. I'll clean the bathrooms quickly. No extensive cleaning, just what is needed to keep things nice.

Answer by Bmat at 4:39 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I hate having house guests. Especially my husbands family. His mother will "help" with the chores but she makes comments the whole time. Like I personally just throw everything in the diswasher (after rinsing of course) and shell make a comment about how i should use soap when I 'rinse' them, or that knives should be hand washed. O did I mention my brain/mouth filter doesnt always work so I sometimes make comments back and then I have to deal with her getting upset.
    Gypsy-Eyed-Mom

Answer by Gypsy-Eyed-Mom at 7:02 PM on Nov. 17, 2009