what r u doing for thanksgiving?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in About CafeMom

• We just moved to ny because my husband is stationed here, so we live 15 hours away from our family. With that in mind we are doing a small dinner and a friend of my husbands who can't go home either because of the distance is coming over.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 4:35 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Cooking the meal. I'll either have it here, or if Mom doesn't feel well enough to come over, I'll carry it to her place.

Answer by Bmat at 4:35 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• We're going to my Husband's family's on Thursday (day of) and then my family's is on the following Saturday, even though Hubby can't make it...so it will be just me and our son.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 4:43 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• goign to my gmas we all get together and cook and help out in kitchen !!papa just past aug 4th this yr so she going need us .. we will all need each other too be strong for 1 another ! love spending time with family we have a lot to be thankful 4
    BellaDiamond

Answer by BellaDiamond at 4:43 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• The same as Christmas. Staying in bed and sleeping. All day. My relatives suck.
    Anonymous

• We used to do Thanksgiving lunch but this year we are doing a dinner! My in-laws go feed the needy in the morning and do not get back till around lunch, and both sets of parents are coming to our house for Thanksgiving! I am really looking forward to it!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 4:54 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I am cooking at my house for the first time ever. I am 38 and since my mom passed away and we do nto have it at her house anymore, I will be starting a tradition with my family. I have 6 boys and a step daughter and a granddaughter so I have all the reasons in the world to have a Thanksgiving at my house.
    Cannot wait. I hope my bird turns out well!
    JLynn0871

Answer by JLynn0871 at 5:03 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• "The same as Christmas. Staying in bed and sleeping. All day. My relatives suck."

Anon, You are always welcome at our Thanksgiving. If you are anywhere near Western Colorado- we'll hook you up.
    We always go to my in-law's house for dinner on Thursday, we stay late and watch a movie with all the relatives on the big screen.
    Then on Friday, we shop, shop, shop and then do dinner in the afternoon with my family. Everyone brings a dish, so it isn't too much for my parents to do. Then we make an early night of it. Sunday we will make our gingerbread houses.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 5:04 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Nathskitten, thank you for the invite. I'm on the opposite coast, but thanks. Seriously, my family has "disowned" me, but well, let's say I am writing my book no one will believe I've lived through all this.
    Anonymous