My hubby has really gotten me to thinking and scratching my head... He has a good point.

If I started my period last month on the 15th, and there were 31 days in the month, then shouldn't I have started my period around the 12th? We aren't trying to conceive but we may have succeeded anyways but I don't know cause most of the symptoms I am having are associated with pregnancy but also with PMS. I looked it up online and it said the same thing, about me supposed to be starting earlier. What is your experience with 31 days in a month, do you start sooner that the previous month? If so then I am a week late.?. I don't know. I have been nauseaus and have had dizzy spells and heart burn but that could be from coffee. Also maybe TMI but I am discharging the same consistency and color as someone that is ovulating but am supposed to be on my period...?... I am confused. What do you think?

nakoal87

Asked by nakoal87 at 4:40 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I thought I was having early menopause! My period was on the 17thlast month and the 12ththis month. Whew! So it's not early menopause! Thanks. And I used to be good in math. I know I need a calendar! Sheesh!! I always looked for my periodaround the same date each month. I guess I need to count!

Anonymous

• Cycles normally are every 28 days so four weeks. Do you normally start they same time every month? If so then you should take a test to find out. Sounds like you could be pregnant. But if your cycles are irregular then you might wait a few more days and if you still have not started then you should take a test. Also keep in mind if you are under any stress this can effect your cycle. Good Luck!
    momtomicahj

Answer by momtomicahj at 4:47 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• OP here: Stress? No. Regular? I could time it! *Sigh* Not disappointed but I was sooooo looking forward to paying my car off first AND that vacation that I just booked :( Oh well, maybe, maybe not. Time will tell.
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 4:51 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• LOL... I found this funny.

I have never thought of it that way. I put a little pink dot on the day I start and then count the days... I rarely even look at the date because over the course of years it will change all around. I simply count 27 days and that is about the time I start my next period. It is almost always 27 days but has been any where from 26-29 days.

I guess Im simply not that fanatical about it.... but then again we are done having kids and he is fixed.
    Anonymous

• Don't use the calendar...it'll throw you!

I have 35 day cycles on average. So, if I start a cycle on November 1, then in December I can expect to start on December 6...35 days later.

So. You know you're regular...how many days? If it's 28, then you are indeed four days late. Test tomorrow. May's well get it over with.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:38 AM on Nov. 17, 2009