DO you lie when people ask you questions like...

Am I fat? (when they are.) Does this look bad on me? (when it does). Etc. Have you ever been really honest w/someone when the truth hurt?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:42 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If a fat person asked me if they are fat I tell them. If its a question about clothing that looks bad i would say "its ok but i think this would look better"
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 4:43 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I dont think anyone has ever asked me "am I fat"

If a girl friend asks me if something looks good on her I either say it does (if it does) or I say I think the other one is more flattering or it isnt the most flattering thing I have seen you in.
    Anonymous

• I depends on my relationship with the person. I used to work with child actors and models so people were asking me all the time if they were fat. I told them there is a market for every shape of child and teen. I also told them that I was a health advocate, not a size advocate. I would make recommendations about the models and actors losing or gaining for different roles and auditions and how to do it healthfully. I did have one model who was a puker. When my boss wouldn't let me bring it up with the parents, I knew I was done working there.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 4:53 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• It depends on who it is I'd rather not say a word if I can not say something nice :)
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:55 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• if i dont know you or someone i will lie. i dont like being mean. people like to get offended fast and hurt when you tell the the truth. a fat person is a fat person to me. if your over weight you should know this.
    Anonymous

• I either say " Do you want the truth?" or the sugar ~coated one?.. I tell it like it is, i dont wnat my friends looking bad out in public, because when i ask a question and what the truth, shoot i would want them to lie to me. becuz then i would get pretty mad abt it.
    blssdwittwns930

Answer by blssdwittwns930 at 4:56 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• If I am really close with them I would tell them the truth, but if not I admit I would lie. I wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 5:02 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• depends. IF we are shopping and the question is does this make me look fat, then yes why buy the dress if it's not complimenting. But at home in her fav outfit, nahh, I'll give a little fib :) Usually I'll just be mean and joke that it's no the dress! :)
    Anonymous

• I always say...I think it would look better if.... If someone is asking you if they are fat, one of two things..they already know they are fat and just want someone to tell them no to make them feel good, or they are thin and need an ego boost for the day. Maybe someone hasnt paid them any attention for the day.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 5:53 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• when someone asks me if they are fat I just ask them how they feel, I don't think anyone is fat unless they feel unhealthy at the weight they are and that's the real determining factor. As for how they look in something I learned from when I used to work at the dressing rooms in woman's fashion that the best way to tell someone it does not look good is to tell them that you know something else that would look better on them then help them to find it. That works well and I don't consider that a lie. I do that with my friends and family too and they love to shop with me.
    lbranta

Answer by lbranta at 6:03 PM on Nov. 16, 2009