houseguests.... off another post

I was reading a post about house guest and a couple people said they hate houseguest or have never had house guests.

Im wondering why.

I have never lived near family (military brat) so we always had house guests. Then when I grew up and got married we settled in a different state than my family or his so again... house guests are common. Yes it is a bit of work... but it is sooo fun.

Im wondering, if you 'hate' house guests - why???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• what is common? My husband is in the army and i dont consider my kids military brats. we are a normal family. And i hate house guests! I dont like my mom or grandma near me. they are rude and controlling. they try to feed my kids junk food thats not organic behind my back. If i do time outs or discipline my daughters they get mad and say oh shes just a baby or a kid. shes not a baby but shes my kid and i can do whatever i want. that is why i hate house guests. i dont run there house if we come over. we live in wa state and there in cali. and i tend to keep it that way. other them two nobody comes to our house for no reason to hang out. so i really dont understand your whole House guest thing. you make it sounds like your supposed to have them on a daily basis.
    Anonymous

• I have houseguests sometimes. My house is small so it is hard to accommadate very many. My dd has friends over all the time and it often results in them sleeping over. I love that. Adults stay less often due to my 2 bedroom house but it happens more around the holidays.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:19 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I've only had family as house guests. I don't like my routine interrupted. I don't like having to share my bathroom with anyone I'm not used to sharing. When people visit, I always recommend a nice hotel nearby.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:50 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I can't stand house guests. It never fails for me, if we get a house guest they never want to leave! I'm serious, it has taken us up to a year to get rid of some house guests. They come for a couple of days then just have one excuse after another and don't want to leave even knowing they have displaced our child or us from our room. I hate telling someone who wants to stay as a guest no, but I tremble at the thought of it. Yeah I'm getting tougher about saying no both my dh and myself are.
    lbranta

Answer by lbranta at 5:51 PM on Nov. 16, 2009