pains!!

okay so im 13wks3d pregnant and my stomach has been hurting... been having slight cramps..on and off.... and also my nipples have been sooo sore.... i thought brest pain usually goes away after 12 weeks... but it seems like the nipple pain has gotten worse... is this normal for 13 weeks... this is my first baby so i dont know!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your body is preparing for the baby. Your boobies will hurt for a long, long time now. You really need to prepare them for breastfeeding. Use a washcloth and rub the nipples daily. Do this a few times each day to toughen them up. Otherwise, once your baby's WET mouth starts to suckle every 2 hours, you're gonna be as sore as possible! And No Pain pills! Baby can't digest pain pills (which will come out in your breast milk).  And don't even consider NOT breastfeeding.  I think formula leads to problem children.  Read about how to prepare for breastfeeding.  Do you wanna know what I did so I didn't have to be cut down there?

Anonymous

• yea i would like to know
    Anonymous

• The pain is normal. Your tummy muscles are stretching out and making room for the ever growing monkey in your tummy. The nipple thing never went away with me. From about 5 weeks on I've delt with nipple pain. I'm 35 weeks now. Best advice I can give you is play with your nipples and make sure you start rubbing milk on them when you start lactating. Oh and ignore the message above. You do whatever you want with this baby. Don't worrie about other people's opinons.
    jrsjrb

Answer by jrsjrb at 5:05 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I disagree with "preparing your nipples."    That is not helpful.    Having sore or tough nipples doesn't necessary help...   might even make it worse.

Please get good support and great information.
    Check this out.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 5:40 PM on Nov. 16, 2009