Anybody else ever do this?

I'm pregnant, so it was worse this time...yesterday I wanted to have chinese food delivered sooooo much. But DH doesn't like it a whole lot, so he agreed to go and get pizza. Such a disappointment and a waste of money cuz today I want the Chinese more than ever. Anybody else do this? Sometimes I just keep eating and eating hoping something will hit the spot...but until I get this ONE thing I'm never satisfied. I hate it! So now I guess today will spend more money ordering Chinese...so not only did I spend double the money, but I also ate fatty foods two days in a row. Ugh! I will eat healthy the rest of the day and week to make up for it, but still!

ErinHill226

Asked by ErinHill226 at 5:02 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm on my way to get salt and vinegar kettle chips. Possibly organic root beer.

I'm not judging you. I fully support your need. It's not even your need. The baby needs it.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 5:05 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I just went and got chinese for lunch because I've had a horrible craving for weeks now! I wanted chinese last night but SO wanted tacos so we went with tacos. Then yes, I ended up spending more money today and got chinese! You know the funny part? I'm not even pregnant!
    Anonymous

• Tee hee - anon that is what I was thinking! Pregnant or now, we want what we want and trying to curb a craving w/something else only postpones the inevitable! Mama's gotta have what mama's gotta have - end of story! Sure, pizza or tacos are fine for a compromise because it's not ALWAYS all about us, but sometimes, it's gotta be your turn and you gotta go get that fix! Have an eggroll for me! : ) Enjoy!!!!!!!!!! And yeah, since you are pregnant, screw compromising and say it's for the baby like the other poster said, ha ha! Work it, you deserve it! !!!!
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 5:09 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I know what you mean. I wanted a MacDonald's fish sandwich and couldn't get it. So the next day I was focused on getting that sandwich!

Answer by Bmat at 5:10 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I do it when I'm not pregnant too, it's just more often now! Some days I feel like I am just stuffing my face all day when it would all be over if I'd just cave and eat what I really want! Then I could go back to being healthy...instead of shoving anything that might sound kind of good down my throat in the hopes that the craving will go away. It's a vicious little cycle, it is. So this time, I'm just ordering it so i don't end up in my kitchen at 2 am taking bites out of everything.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 5:10 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I seriously figure if I'm craving something bad enough then there MUST be something in it my body needs. Honestly I justify all food cravings that way pregnant or not.
    lbranta

Answer by lbranta at 5:47 PM on Nov. 16, 2009