No bashing...ppl who r sincerely understading plz answer only

I just found out that the father of my 3 month old is not his dad. Me and the guy were friends but ended up having a one night stand and i got pregnant. I had a boyfriend who was cheating on me and i confided in this friend. But I found out my boyfriend at the time is my son dad because he kept pressuring me to get a dna test, so we did the home test. My friend died when I was 2 months preg and me and his family became REALLY CLOSE. I dont kno how to tell them. Ladies do yall have any advice for me? Plz donot bash me about it, i feel terrible already.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• So who is the dad the cheating ex or the comforting friend? And who died again?
    Anonymous

• the ex is the dad. the friend died
    Anonymous

• omg i thought the friend was the babys daddy but he died !
    Anonymous

• I think you just have to be honest. Here's what happened, this is why we did a test, etc. and then see where you are at after that. It might be difficult, but then again they might be thrilled. Just explain that you want them to know for your child's sake. Its not like you are trying to get money from his family. Most families I know would be excited that some "part" of him was still around.
    Anonymous

• rofl .. lmfao . wth
    Anonymous

• Does the ex want to be a father?
    Anonymous

• ok. i didnt know they had dna home test !! so y did i spend all that mney a few years back .. who last name he got .. is it the riiight ? if not u will have too get a professional dna done so u can get that changed legally
    Anonymous

• Oh my. I am sorry. Life can be so complicated. I am so glad I never slept with anyone except my husband. And had kids a few years after marriage. It makes life so much more enjoyable. Next time, be using Birth Control and be married. Life can be wonderful. Good luck.....
    Anonymous

• I'm still kind of confused. The friends family... do they think their son that passed is the father and he's not?
    You just have to tell them the truth and if you still want them in the child's life, a child can never have too many people to love him if they're still willing.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 5:29 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I think that it is important for the dad to know he is the father. You also have a right to child support. I do not thing you need to go into the reasons that the test was done.. what would be your reason not to tell him? things happen in life, we all have our regrets. I would just simply say.. Look "insert name" i had a DNA test done and your the dad.. if you want to be part of his life you can. i am going to file for child support since we both created this life..

for the family,... there is no reason why they cannot love this child the same as if it were your friends kid. i would tell them who the father is, but tell them that they are always welcome in his life.. Good luck..
    TaiM

Answer by TaiM at 5:33 PM on Nov. 16, 2009