have you ever?

This is for those mothers that do shop 2nd hand and do accept hand me downs. When someone gives you clothes that their babies wore do you ever see any that make you think "ugh I wouldn't put this on my baby if I was blind?"

bjw_053109

Asked by bjw_053109 at 5:04 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Oh yes....Mostly I've been given fantastic clothes, way more highend than I could ever afford to buy myself.....but.....a couple of boxes that I were given had some early nineties throwbacks in them that I couldn't bear to torture DS with. Also, I like to dress him like a little man, I don't care for those dollbaby type little boy clothes and I have a few friends that were into that.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 5:54 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• haha.. I actually gave away a couple outfits that were ugly but looked SO CUTE on that I had to tell my neighbor that i knew they were ugly, but they looked so cute on!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:07 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Yesss! I'm grateful for the clothes but sometimes I'm like "Why would you give this to someone to put on their child?" When I give hand me downs, I try and make sure they are clean, no stains or holes. If they aren't the style the other mother likes, I don't care if she gets rid of it but they are always still in good shape. My son's friends mom just gave us a bag of clothes and there was a couple good things but some of the jeans had holes and the shirts had stains. So they went to my rag bag.
    Anonymous

• if it smells nasty, or yellow stains, holes stuff like that....yah. My girlfriend just gave me some hand me downs for our new baby...she let me sift through the ones i wanted...and i didnt feel bad for turning some stuff down
    guitarmom101

Answer by guitarmom101 at 5:08 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I just take it and pick out what looks good or ok and get rid of the rest.
    Anonymous

• No my friend who has given my baby clothes, the clothes were in good condition. If they are dirty or stained or smelly throw them away or was them and send them to the Salvation Army.
    Anonymous