Am I a failure because I can't provide gifts for Christmas??

I know what the reason for the season is and so do my children. It doesn't make me feel any better being unable to provide at least a gift for each or stocking stuffers for my children. Heck, we won't even be having a holiday dinner on either Christmas nor Halloween. This is the first year that I am struggling. I am barely making it in disability and child support. I am unable to make it to apply for toys for tots at the local salvation army because of my health. I just feel like a complete failure. Anyone have any ideas on what to do for a hand up for the holidays??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• TO ALL THOSE WHO WHERE RUDE TO THIS WOMEN ------SHAME ON YOU ALL IT IS THE CHRISTMAS SEASON------THE SEASON OF GIVING---JERKS!!!!
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 8:14 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• let the bills go !!
    Anonymous

• get rid of your internet to pay for cmas dinner and sale your tv computer jewlery
    Anonymous

• Can you afford some cookie dough? I think a Christmastime cookie would be cool you can decorate it and stuff. Where do you live?
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 5:14 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I dont know what to say about this...our holiday is looking pretty bad too...im thinking of doing alot of dollar store shopping.....but im sure you can find a local charity or even a church would help you...God bless you and your family. I'm sure it will turn out ok
    Anonymous

• No, you are not a failure. Plenty of people go through hard times and while it sucks it can also be a greater blessing.

Where I used to work we always adopted a family at Christmas and though I could barely afford to, I always gave the family a lot. No one could understand why in my situation I would do so. But the thing is, I know how much worse my situation could have been.

Another coworker agreed with me, saying once that he could remember as a child getting Christmas in Februrary because that's when the income tax check came. He came from a large family and though his parents were college educated, his dad was often laid off and his mom was a substitute teacher.

Hard times, teaches children to be generous and thankful for everything they do have.
    Anonymous

• Make homemade gifts!
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 5:17 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• homemade gifts u have to buy the items to make them
    Anonymous

• I am in Michigan... not far from Detroit.
    Anonymous

• I can't afford christmas either. You need to apply for at least food stamps since you're disabled.
    Anonymous