Safe Quickish Diet Pills

Okay so i've been the fat kid since fifth grade! I've tried everything to be active and now that i've had my daughter- she's ten months I need to get in better shape for her and my husband so we can be healthy together. I've been going to the gym. Trying to eat right. Sadly the medicine i'm on has lately made me hungry like a bear!

I was wondering if any of you ladies have used any dieting pill to help loose weight. Something thats quick and long lasting and safe for a breast feeding mom.

Sadly I just lost my insurance so I can't ask a doctor what to do. Thats why i'm asking you ladies, just to get some ideas and suggestions.

Jan0609momma

Asked by Jan0609momma at 5:27 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Health

• Diets and diet aids are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will have more energy. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big pile of vegetables before meals.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:34 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• exercise and eat much better foods
    Anonymous

• rkoloms said it all! Make sure your entire family is eating whole grains. Also add full body strength training at least 2 days a week to your work out. Keep your cardio going too. If you work out at a gym have the trainers there create a weight loss plan for you. Thats what they are there for and they are great at it!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 5:37 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Check out the Work it Out Sexy Mama group on here, they're VERY helpful.

Look into the Abs diet and the Eat Clean diet, they are both healthy ways of eating.

Start walking a lot, biking, running, lifting weights, swimming, etc. INCREASE you activity level.

I don't believe there is such a thing as "healthy or safe diet pills"!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 5:39 PM on Nov. 16, 2009