Before you became a mom for the first time

What is the silliest idea you ever had in your head about being a mom? When I was about to have my first son, I said to my mom, "What if I don't wake up to feed him when he cries in the middle of the night?" She looked at me like I grew another head, like "Yeah you're going to sleep through a newborns cries!"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:41 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• That we could actually use cloth diapers. Pssshhhaaa!! Yeah, right!
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 5:46 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• "What if I drop Him?!" Even my Mom said I would at least once.

I never dropped or fell on my Son, even when I fell a couple times..I made sure to throw myself back so I wouldn't land on Him. I worked myself up for nothing..haha.
    ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 5:47 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I thought I'd use the gym daycare... when I found out it was for ages 6 weeks and up I thought to myself "what am I going to do for the 1st 6 wks?!" She was like 15 months before I could ever bring myself to leave her there lol, she's 19mo now and I've still only used it 5 times at the most! (I'd have my parents or DH watch her 5 days a week for an hour or 2 so I could/can go) I can't believe I honestly thought I'd want to leave her in the gym day care before 6wks!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 5:47 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I had a fairy tale fantasy view of watching my son sleep - he had colic and NEVER slept..! He is 2 and I literally still have never been able to peek in his room and watch him sleep - he's a light sleeper and light sensitive..ugh... I also couldn't wait to bond while breastfeeding.. He unlatched up to 50 times each feeding and screamed throughout each feeding for 2 months til I stopped. wahh....
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:49 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I think I must have had all the crazy thoughts that you all mentioned. Of course I had never even baby sat for anyone when I had my first child I remember asking my younger sister what to do if he cry's.
    lbranta

Answer by lbranta at 5:54 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• That it would be easy
    Anonymous

• "My daughter will never have an ounce of formula!"..."Oh man, I'd never bribe my kids no matter how much they scream in the store"..."She'll never go a night without having a bath"... "I'll never waste my money buying name brand clothes she'll just grow out of in a week!"... "My kids will never taste a french fry til they're moved out and grown!"..."I don't care what you say mom, there is no way I'd be THAT paranoid while my kids are sleeping after the risk of SIDS is gone"..."Television? No way! Never!"
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 5:59 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• That EVERYTHING would go according to my plans and schedule!! HA!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 6:04 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• That every time I looked at him I'd remember how painful it was going through labor. Didn't happen once.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 6:15 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• "How will I know when it's real contractions as opposed to Braxton Hicks?" Yeah I found out the answer to that one real quick!
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 6:16 PM on Nov. 16, 2009