Is it normal to bleed like this?

I am 36 weeks pregnant this week. I went to the doctor today because I lost my mucus plug last night. He also did the beta strep test on me. He checked me today at the appointment to see if I was dialating and I wasn't. About an hour after I got home from the appointment, I went to take a bath and there was red blood in my underwear. I used the restroom and there was quite a bit of blood left in the toilet, like menstral blood. Is this normal?

hopebabe15

Asked by hopebabe15 at 5:49 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Call your doc!!!! Bleeding like that isn't normal. If the office is closed go to the er!
    jrsjrb

Answer by jrsjrb at 5:57 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I called the doctor and he said if it didn't stop in 20 minutes to call him back. It got lighter but didn't stop.
    hopebabe15

Answer by hopebabe15 at 6:00 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Call him back anything more then just little bits of pink that come with losing your mucus plug is abnormal. Your plecenta my have detachted. Even if he took scrappings for the beta test you shouldn't be bleeding that much and it should have almost completely stopped by now.
    jrsjrb

Answer by jrsjrb at 6:06 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• He did check me for the first time too. I read that there was blood vessels that were sensitive and that sometimes after internal examinations they bust and you bleed.
    hopebabe15

Answer by hopebabe15 at 6:08 PM on Nov. 16, 2009