Do Christians not realize that Christmas is not the holiday celebrated in December?

Why is it such a big deal that things are labeled holiday not Christmas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• do you mean not the "only"??? yes I do, I'm not stupid.
    Hali_Taylor

Answer by Hali_Taylor at 5:52 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• And what do trees, santa and debt have to do with the birth of Jesus? And why does everyone assume that I am Christian?
    Anonymous

• I never assumed you where christian. why are you saying everybody when I'm the only one answering your questions???? they don't have anything to do with the birth of jesus- looks like you need to wiki christmas.
    Hali_Taylor

Answer by Hali_Taylor at 5:56 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• STFU - you are the FIRST EVER to bring up that fact.

WOW.

I am TOTALLY GOING to change my world view.

THANK YOU.

Now, in the real world, for the past..........ooohhh......since about the 4th Century or so, it has been celebrated in December. Is that not good enough for you? I mean really. C'mon. Get. Over. It. And in America, at LEAST since the 1800s or so (Puritans don't count, not much fun anyway), we've been throwing Jesus a birthday party.

Easter is the more reverent and holy holiday (IMHO) but Christmas is more FUN. It's the baby Jesus, being born into the world.

Look - like it or not, almost 80% of Americans identify themselves as Christian. So yeah - it's MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Wow, I should probably check the ANON box, but a girl can only take so much.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 5:59 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• OP- the anon who answered was not me.
    Anonymous

• I'm not that religious, and i still like "Merry christmas". Not holiday. And i like santa claus.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 6:05 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• OP- and I did mean the only holiday not the holiday.
    Anonymous

• Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa - anyone want to add some others... that way we've covered all of the December Holidays.
    Anonymous

• People get too into christmas for all the wrong reasons. Which is why my family and I have chose not to celebrate it anymore. It's so materialistic and they start putting out decorations and playing x-mas songs before it's halloween. It makes me want to vomit
    ainstalshia

Answer by ainstalshia at 6:24 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• why on earth would you think Christians don't know there are other holidays? Has a Christian said to you Hanukkah doesn't exist?
    Anonymous