my 8 month old sleep patterns have changed, anythin i can do?

my son has slept through the night since he was 2 wks old (11pm to 9am). now that was perfect for me, as well as im sure any of you! he also takes 2 naps in the early afternoon, a 2 hour nap around 5 and another before bed. now about a month ago the sleep has changed. he still takes the same naps except for the one before bed, which is fine, and he still falls asleep around 11, but now hes getting up at 6am to eat 4 oz of formula, then hell go back to sleep for 2 hours or so. anything i can do about that? it seems like hes going in the wrong direction, shouldn't he have started out waking in the middle of the night, not now?

prego_deigo

Asked by prego_deigo at 5:57 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He's probably going through a growth spirt or something. The worst thing you can do is to encourage the getting up by giving him a bottle or even paying attention to him.

I'm not a fan of crying it out but when they get older you have to do that or risk continuing them getting up for years because they dont know how to console themselves.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 6:10 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Changes in sleep pattern are normal. You might shorten or drop a nap. But generally, like the weather in some parts of the country...wait a while and it'll change!

Answer by gdiamante at 6:17 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I have the same problem with my girl may its even worst. she goes to sleep at 10 or 11 and than gets up at 3-4 and screams like crazy, and it takes me like 1 hour so calm an put her back to sleep. I feel your problem
    Aurika

Answer by Aurika at 8:21 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Teething? My son slept good for a few months after the 2 month mark, and now he is intermittent at almost 8 months, some nights he sleeps straight through 8-10 hours, but sometimes not. He doesnt need food anymore at night, but he will scream as if he had a nightmare, which I read could be true....he also has 2 teeth coming in, and his last teeth came in two at a time and gave him some problems.....tonight he went down at 9:30 and then was screaming at 11...and i have to take him out of the crib and lay down with him until he falls back asleep otherwise he refuses to go to sleep. I just deal with it though b/c I do not want to let him cry it out.
    CurvyMommato1

Answer by CurvyMommato1 at 12:01 AM on Nov. 17, 2009