What relationship issues did your ex leave you with?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:01 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• None. The person I dated before hubby I learned alot from. And I can say the same about hubby's college girlfriend. We both looked at dating as a method of deciding what we wanted in a husband/wife. We weeded out the ones we knew would be poor choices and learned from each one.... then we met and knew it was right.
    Anonymous

• The biggest one he left me with is trust. I have such a hard time trusting that men are being honest with me, that they aren't cheating on me, that they won't hurt me, emotionally or physically. I am working on it, and I've gotten to the point where I am starting to trust men again. I actually just started seeing a guy, and although I do still have random "is he lying" thoughts, they are much more rare than in the past.

I also have a hard time trusting anyone around my kids, b/c I strongly suspect that he may have either touched my oldest child or let my oldest child see something that was HIGHLY inappropriate.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:06 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• 940 character limit wouldn't BEGIN to describe my issues.... I am probably really hard to live with
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:07 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Trust. He slept with my friend while I was at his house (he went to her house) obviously I know he was foul and lame but it doesnt' mean it didn't affect my brain lol
    Anonymous

• Trust and self esteem.
    Hali_Taylor

Answer by Hali_Taylor at 6:10 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• The idea that everyone would want to change me, although the changes he wanted to make were positive ones...i hated the way he went about it. we were just in different places in our lives....we did alot of growing up together, and maturing...big learning experience
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 6:12 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Insecurity. Because of my exes, I always think my SO is going to cheat on me. Or is cheating or is thinking of cheating! I'm trying hard to get over it but I'm still a long way off.
    Anonymous

• Panic attacks. I can cuddle with my hubby, but we can't wrestle around, I can only take so much tickling before I have a panic attack.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 6:54 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• trust issues

Answer by admckenzie at 7:09 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• My ex didnt leave me with anything but my boyfriends ex left me a lot.
    he always thinks i think bad about him and always blame him no matter how much i tell him he is such a great guy.
    he worries when i want to hang out with my good friend who is a guy.
    he thinks i want someone else. he thinks when we fight iam going to another guy.
    she did a lot to him for 3 years and now i am trying my best to clean up her lovely mess
    krisew90

Answer by krisew90 at 8:01 PM on Nov. 16, 2009