Exactly how accurate is the 14 day ovulation rule???

I have read a number of internet articles that are saying that you can only conceive during the 14th to 21st days of your cycle. Is this the ONLY time you can ever get pregnant? The first day of my last period was October 2nd. DH and I did the baby making dance on October 31. My period was due to start November 1st or 2nd. It is now the 16th and it is still not here. Going off of the whole 14 day thing its impossible that I am pregnant, but just how accurate is that? And should I wait until December 2 to see if this was just a one time skip? I don't want to test too soonand get the wrong result or get my hopes up, so I figured waiting couldn't hurt. Any advice. Thanks ladies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:09 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I ovulate on the 8th day.
    Anonymous

• I ovulate on the 12th day
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 6:21 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• It's only accurate if you have a 28 day cycle. Otherwise, the magic eight ball is more accurate!

You're two weeks late. Test in the morning. No need to wait longer.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:27 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• i ovulate on the 18 or 19th day of my cycle. Test in the am. Good luck.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 10:48 PM on Nov. 16, 2009