Would you go?

I am taking online classes. One of my classes requires that you go to clinicals. My instructer and I discussed an alternative in case the weather or anything else goes wrong(I live an hour away from the city where the clinicals are so it being the middle of November who knows what weather can do). My car over heated on Saturday and my SO "fixed" it. It really needs to go to a mechanic but it would take them a couple of days to fix it to where it is alright again. Well, my SO took the car for a test drive and it did the same thing again. He told me all I need to do is carry a gallon of antifreeze and the car should be okay but I just don't trust it. If I drive in the city where traffic is slow, my car overheats. He says I should take it to the clinical. My dad offered to let me drive his car but he has a doctors appt on that day so that's out. My question is, should I do the alt assignment or risk taking the car? I have no cell

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 6:13 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• phone service outside of city limits and if my car stalls, I'm stuck. I have no way of contacting anyone. I don't want to be stuck in the middle of no where with no way of getting a hold of someone in case something were to happen. I feel guilty for not going to the clinical but it doesn't seem reasonable to chance takin a car that isn't reliable. btw, the alternative assignment is worth just as much credit as the clinical. It's a back up in case something weren't able to fall through.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 6:15 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I would do the alternative if I were you, better safe then sorry
    lbranta

Answer by lbranta at 6:18 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• If it were me, I would ask for another day to take it and then take your dad's car.
    If you can't get another day, you can take a taxi.
    As for no cell phone, you really need to get one! Try the pay-as-you-go phones that Walmart sells.
    They are good for emergency use.
    Anonymous

• I do have one, it just doesn't work outside of the metro.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 6:21 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I'd do the alternate assignment this time around.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:30 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I do btw have another clinical on thursday and will try to make that one. My dad shouldn't have a doctors appt then.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 6:38 PM on Nov. 16, 2009