Can someone explain couples' rings?

Does the lady get an engagement ring AND a wedding ring? If so, does she just stop wearing the engagement ring at the wedding? Is the wedding ring with a diamond or just a band? Is the man's ring identical? How does this whole tradition work? It was never a financial option for DH and I but I'm hoping to make it soon.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:26 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• Most women wear their engagement ring and wedding band together. The man's wedding band does not have to match the woman's. In my case, my husband has a plain band and mine has diamonds in it.
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 6:31 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Also, I've been reading jewelry blogs and it seems normal for people to just get new wedding rings every so often. I thought the point was to keep the ring forever if it lasts. Do you ladies or hubbies get regular replacements? If so, how often? Do you replace cause it's too expensive to resize or the ring is getting ugly? What metal would you recommend? I'm a SAHM but his job is more rough so he'll need something durable.
    Anonymous

• I received my engagement ring. My wedding band is a plain gold band where as my Husbands is a gold band with milgrain on both sides. After our wedding my Husband wore/wears his band and I wore my engagement ring and band for a while. My engagement ring is so wide that I normally just wear it alone. A few years after our wedding I bought an anniversary band and sometimes wear it with my engagement ring but rarely.
    I would love to buy new matching wedding bands but my Husband said that he will never wear any band other than the one that I put on his finger. He told me I could get the wedding band I want but not to bother buying one for him. Sooooo I guess I will just stick with my engagement ring and anniversary band.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 7:12 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I wear my engagement ring w/ my wededing band--they came as a matching set. Dh's doesn't match, expcept that they are both white gold.
    iamcafemom83

Answer by iamcafemom83 at 8:56 PM on Nov. 16, 2009