Do you agree with this?

I was talking to this guy the other night and he informed me that if some girl punched him (not in a playful way), he would punch her back... even knock her out if she hit him hard enough or wouldn't quit trying to fight him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:30 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My SO says the same thing. I think I do agree, if a girl think she is tough enough to punch a man, not joking, then she should be tough enough to get hit by a man. I don't mean a woman who is being abused, then fights back. I mean the women who have never been hit by a man and think because they are "girls" they should be able to hit a man without him hitting her back. Which is why I don't think it's ok for anyone to hit someone else, man or woman.
    Anonymous

• Even if a women hit a man. It is never right for a man to hit a women. We are not as strong as men. It is easy for a man to stop a women from hitting him with out hitting back.  Unless the guy is a really small man and the women is really tall or big.

Answer by louise2 at 6:36 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• no, i dont think a man should ever hit a woman back.....thats just me tho.
    iamcafemom83

Answer by iamcafemom83 at 6:41 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Well, speaking from experience as someone's "punching bag", no it isn't okay! I was in an abusive relationship with someone before I met DH, and it took every ounce of courage to leave. My DH would NEVER hit a woman! He was raised to treat a woman as you would treat your mother.
    Anonymous

• Yes and No. I came from an abusive home and I don't think that beating a woman is right. A man is a lot stronger than a woman, and even when SO and I are 'play wrestling" he sometimes hurts me with out realizing it. They don't know there own strength. But i have seen cases where even I think that a woman should he put in her place. SO had a friend and we went over to pick him up one time and his wife (who was a total bitch) was throwing a fit and punching him in the face and chest as hard as she could and even kicking him!!! But he never even defended himself. I don't think a woman should be abused but i also don't think a man should have to stand there and take that kind of abuse, if i had been him i would have punched the crap out of her!!
    Anonymous

• LEGALLY a man does not have the right. Period. Tell your friend he will go to jail.
    Anonymous

• I think that if a woman hits a man without provocation (meaning she is not defending herself from him hitting her), then he has the right to stop her. Do I think he should do that by hitting her? Not necessarily. I think he should try to get away from her, or restrain her first. But if those do not work, then hitting as a last resort to defend himself and get her to stop hitting him, I guess would be ok. But I can't see any man not being able to simply restrain her or get away. I don't agree with men hitting women, but I also really hate women who use the fact that they are women and that men shouldn't hit women to try to get away with crap like that.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:29 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• This is something I never get..... It isnt an abusive situation....if they are not together....if a woman hits a man, he should beable to hit her back...even though it does seem to be weird and disgusting...if you really think about it...it is unfair.... and the OP who said men are stronger.... I have seen plenty of Big girls hit little guys.....and especially when a woman can talk sh*t and then cries and complains afterward...
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 10:54 PM on Nov. 16, 2009