How long were you pushing before baby was born???

I literally pushed for about 7 minutes and DD was here. I was so shocked. I thought it was supposed to take hours. My boss's DIL just had their first grandchild and she started pushing sometime Sunday eveing and then finally Monday at around 8 they did a C section.... How can a person push that long without splitting in two????????? I am amazed... What about you ladies? How long?

BriHan06

Asked by BriHan06 at 6:39 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i was pushing for an hour and 45 minutes
    his head wouldnt come out and I wouldnt naturally tear so I ended up having an episiotomy (twice) and they had to sucction him out.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 6:42 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• The tearing wouldnt happen til the baby is actually crowning and the crowning isnt til the very end, so it doesnt matter how long you push for... you wont tear til the baby is actually being born.

As for pushing for as long as that person was... I personally would give up after a few hours. The length of pushing greatly has to do with what station the baby is at when you start pushing. Mine were both already at +2 station so I pushed for 14 minutes with one and 9 minutes with the other (it actually wasnt even that long for pushing but that is now long it was between finding out I was 10cm to the second they were born which included breaking down the bed and stuff)
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 6:45 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I pushed for 15-20 minutes with all 3 of my kids.
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 6:46 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Under 10 minutes both times. Either I'm very strong or I have a HUGE coochie lol!
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 6:47 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I didn't tear and thank goodness... I am a wimp when it comes to pain.
    BriHan06

Answer by BriHan06 at 6:47 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• lmbo Benjamink... let's just go with strong...
    BriHan06

Answer by BriHan06 at 6:48 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Either I'm very strong or I have a HUGE coochie lol!!!

ROFLMAO!!! I pushed for about 30 minutes with DD who was over 8 lbs and that's exactly what i said!
    alexsmomma06

Answer by alexsmomma06 at 6:51 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• 2 hours--she was facing the wrong way, the doc had to turn her! at least i know for next time to call for the doc to get in there sooner. poor baby!
    iamcafemom83

Answer by iamcafemom83 at 6:53 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• one hr and i got a episitomy was pretty easy still i didnt have any complaints
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 7:00 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• My first, 15 minutes, my second's head was out in one push and the rest with a small push :)
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 7:12 PM on Nov. 16, 2009