Mommy's what has your experience been.....

with your child or children's eye color. I know that most babies are born with grey/blue eyes and as they get older that color will change. I have read that by the time a child is 9-12 months old the eye color they have will most likely be the color they end up with.
I have also read that scientist have found that it is much more complicated then they once thought. If you carry a recessive gene then that can determine the eye color. So it is possible for two brown eyed parents to have a blue eyed child but most likely two blue eyed parents wont have a brown eyed child.
what is your experience with your children. What color were they born with and at what age did they change?

What has your experience been with your children.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:43 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• look at it like this...you have to have 2 blues to get a blue. One from mom, one from dad. If you have blue eyes, you carry 2 blues. If you have brown, the brown dominates. You still have one other color in there, you just dont know what it is. So if your kid comes out with blue, then you would have to give it a blue and that was your other color the brown was covering. If both parents have blue, the child will b/c it's getting only blues from each side, no brown.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 6:58 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• My daughter was born with dark blue eyes and they kind of lightened up to a grayish blue, I figured she took after her 2 uncles who have grayish colored eyes. But, then at 2 they randomly turned to the greenish blue color her daddy has.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 7:37 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I have light blue eyes and my son's daddy has dark brown eyes. My son, therefore ended up with puppy dog brown eyes. They're cute. <3
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 7:40 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• My sons father and i both have brown eyes. When he was born his eyes were almost black now they are dark bown. My husband now has blue eyes. My daughter was born with grey/blue eyes and she is 17 months now, her eyes are blue. They said it was one in a million chance that she would have blue eyes since brown is the dominating color, so i guess i got lucky she has blue eyes :)
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 7:46 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I have blue-green, DH has dark brown.
    Our older son had very blue eyes when he was born, now they are green
    Our second had brown eyes from birth
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 7:52 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• my daughters father is a dark skinned brown eyed, brown haird portuguese guy....i myself have brown eyes, light skin, and brown hair...my daughter is 2 and has pale skin...beautiful blue eyes, and blonde hair.
    michellelee3708

Answer by michellelee3708 at 9:59 PM on Nov. 16, 2009