What is your favorite cookie to make during Christmas time?

Do you have a day that you set aside to bake cookies for Christmas? What are your favorites to make?

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 7:34 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I make roshkies. My grandmother was slovak and she made them every year for holidays and parties. They are little pastry "cookies" made with cream cheese, butter and flour for the dough, you roll them out cut them into squares, fill them with almond, walnut, poppyseed , apricot(or any filling really) and pinch the corners of the squares together. Bake and top with powder sugar. Yummmmmmmmm! :)

I also like to make the cut out sugar cookies with the kids to ice. Those are always fun. Thumbprint cookies and baklava are also holiday favorites in my home. The baklava though is very time consuming but well worth the effort LOL
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 7:47 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Gingerbread:)...mmmm
    guitarmom101

Answer by guitarmom101 at 7:36 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• For as long as I can rememebr, the women in the family have always gotten together to bake cookies. With both my grandmother and my sister now gone and my mother living in another State, it will be just me and my kids, but I won't let the tradition die.

The kids like the sugar cookie to decorate, but I like making (and eating) the raisin-filled and gingerbread cookies.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:42 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Ooohhh... those sound good! I'm getting some ideas for new cookies this year. Keep 'em coming!
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:48 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I only bake cookies once a year now that I have an empty nest. And I always make chocolate chip cookies- which are my favorite. My son's favorite is a thick soft gingerbread cookie. I also love Russian teacakes.

Answer by Bmat at 7:54 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I make these Christmas Cutout cookies...they're sort of like sugar cookies but they're made with ginger and white pepper and have just enough spicy bite to them to set them apart from your average cookies :) Of course, cream cheese mints top my list, too....YUM!
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 8:04 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I make these ones with chocolate chips, chocolate chunks and miniature M&M's......so good......I could literally eat the whole batch, sometimes even the dough by itself raw! I had to limit my baking of them to special occasions. They were so good some of LH's co-workers lied about birthdays just to get them!

WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 8:17 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I love to make peanut butter cookies with a chocolate star in the middle. They are my favorite to make year round.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:25 PM on Nov. 16, 2009