Too much water... tmi...

Is it harmful if you get too much water in your vagina if your pregnant...
Just something I was wondering..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:39 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well how would you get water in your vagina for one i wouldnt squirt it up there..but no it shouldnt be harmful unless the doctor tells you you shouldnt be in water there is a barrier there between the outside world and the baby
    Anonymous

• from what i understand you aren't supposed to do anything that might force air or water into your vagina, but that it is ok to bathe, shower, and even run the water from the faucet onto your vagina. just don't stick a shower thing into your vagina :)
    Anonymous

• what have you been doin?...lol....JK...but you probably shouldnt be douching or shooting any hard jets of water up there, it could loosen the membranes, making you more suseptible for infection
    Anonymous

• Lol, NO! I wasn't doing anything like that. I'm really prone to UTI's because of soap I use but I can't NOT clean it with soap so when I do put soap around it or whatever I wanna make sure I get it all out so I lay on my back and run the water over it really good to make sure I get it out. Is that safe or should I try a different approch?
    Anonymous

• Have you tried using the wet wipes to clean with? I know its not the same as getting a good clean down with soap. But its better than an infection. Or maybe changing soaps?
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 8:02 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• No, I havn't even thought about using the wet wipes. I think I'll try that but as far as what I've already done, should the baby be okay?
    Anonymous

• i think you are just fine :)
    Anonymous

• I was just wondering, I noticed my back was hurting pretty bad but I'm assuming it was from laying in the bathtub on my back. Not a good idea. The wipes seem to also be a less painful method haha.
    Anonymous

• You are fine!!! I have the same issue and have done the same thing to rinse off during 4 of my pregnancies. It won't hurt anything. : )
    Anonymous