Denominations...

What if God is testing us through all of these different denominations? What if we are supposed to take the truth that we learn and move on? Cause each denomination has at least one truth as far as I have seen no one has it right. But most also say be one of us or go to hell. There are some that don't though I do know this. This is just my thoughts on this what's your opinion?

rhanford

Asked by rhanford at 7:43 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I never thought about it that way, that's a pretty good theory actually.
    Hali_Taylor

Answer by Hali_Taylor at 7:50 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• God is not testing us at all. It isn't like some game show, "Denomination Damnation" -- LOL. It isn't about finding the "right" denomination but knowing HIM. God is seeking people to worship Him in Spirit and truth.

Read your Bible, ask God to speak to you, seek Him first in the word (not websites).Let the Holy Spirit be your teacher. "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you." John 14:26. "When He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come." John 16:13.

It isn't about denominations, but having a relationship with Him and letting HIM teach you the truths of Christianity. The Bible teaches that there is one body. There is only one church, those who worship Jesus.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 8:04 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• LOL Denomination Damnation omgosh that's great Cinn
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 9:11 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I'm non-denominational because I just can't keep up with all of the little differences, lol. When people ask what denomination I am I tell them I'm just a plain 'ol Christian.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 9:23 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• There are very few denominations that claim that their denominational belief system is the only way to heaven. Most denominations differ on very minor philosophical approaches to Biblical concepts and practices. Most denominations agree on the method of salvation.

But I agree, this is not a game show, like Cin said. Humankind created these denominations, some for politics, some to try to follow what they earnestly feel is right and provide another way for those who agree with them to come together in unity in belief. If there's one thing for sure I can say about various denominations is that they're not worth tormenting yourself over. I am Presbyterian because I've studied the Bible and come to the conclusion that I mostly agree with their doctrine--not because I chose them and follow what they tell me to think blindly. I agree with how they train their ministers and with their hermeneutics (cont.)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 9:59 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I know that when I, personally, go to a PCUSA church that the message will be presented by hermeneutics and a philosophical perspective that I believe is correct. This is why I have a denomination--I do NOT believe denominations are necessary or that any single one holds the key to compelete "rightness" and exclusivity to salvation. I do not think poorly of those who agree with other denominations and/or disagree with mine, nor do I think God thinks any less of them or loves them any less. God knows an earnest heart when he sees one; that's all that matters.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 10:01 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Denomination played with is Demonination...just putting it out there.
    Anonymous