Stay at home moms....

What kind of activities do you do with your toddler during the day? We do coloring, take walks, go to the park, play with toys, read books, very rarely she will watch a movie for 20 mins or so... I feel like we are both getting bored numerous times throughout the day. Sometimes we just dance around... Any suggestions???

LovinMyMikayla

Asked by LovinMyMikayla at 7:43 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• sounds like you do all the same things we do..only now that im 9 mo. preggo we have more tv. time and i have those "My Baby Can Read " vids, my friend has been letting me use.
    guitarmom101

Answer by guitarmom101 at 7:46 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I'm smiling because getting bored never happened for us because we had our second child when our first was 15.5 months old... never a dull moment. So you COULD try having another baby. But in all seriousness... some activities you didn't name -- have her help you bake something (banana bread, muffins); go to the mall and don't spend any money (my daughter liked holding hands with the mannequins of kids at Old Navy and throwing pennies into the fountain and playing on the car rides -- without putting any money in, of course). In general, breaking up the day with an outing always helped us -- the library, the grocery store, anything, really. Sitting down for tea time can also be fun depending on her age. When my daughter was around 17-18 months we'd sit and have orange or lemon herbal tea and crackers while her little sis napped.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 7:49 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Thanks Emily. I forgot she cooks with me too :). Thanks for the mall suggestion... I like that.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 7:51 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Baking is always a good idea. Now a days you can get those drop and bakes and just buy some cookie frosting and things to decorate with. Also check out some craft websites they always have cheap things to make with the kiddies
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 8:02 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Find a local playgroup and meet other moms. Check out the library story time.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:12 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I belong to a local mom's group, they have play dates, outings etc... every day of the week (a lot of it is free stuff). It fills up a lot of time and my son and I both have fun!
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 8:48 PM on Nov. 16, 2009