Food at a birthday party for kids.

I'm throwing a birthday party for my boys and it's at 5pm. I didn't want to do it at that time but i have no choice. SOOOO, i feel obligated to feed the little monsters some dinner foods before their cake and ice cream.

I really would rather NOT do pizza. I'm looking for something more creative then that. But it has to be something a bunch of preschool kids and kindergarten kids will eat. Ideas?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 8:02 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• at parties i make a whole loaf or 2 of ham&cheese or turkey&cheese sandwiches, then cut them criss cross into triangles, it is filling and its finger food so kids even grown ups love them
    _mimimosley_

Answer by _mimimosley_ at 8:09 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• chicken nuggets and raw carrots.
    Anonymous

• Pinwheels! Take flour tortillas, cream cheese (softened to spread easily), cheese, and lunchmeat. Spread the cream cheese on the tortillas, put the cheese on, put the lunch meat on, roll up and cut (about 3/4 of an inch wide)! They look cool, taste great, and you can make them ahead of time :)
    Chicken nuggets are always a hit or you could do tacos/nachos. Do the meat and then let the kids top it (they will probably need some help, lol) with cheese, shredded lettuce, etc. Nachos would probably be easier than the tacos, but you could offer both.
    Pigs in a blanket are a hit, too. You can do mini hot dogs or regular size and wrap them in cresent rolls...cook til the cresent roll is cooked through...you can also slit the hot dogs before cooking them and put cheese in them :)
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 8:19 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I would make the finger sandwiches as well. These ideas posted are good.

Just let the kids know which is which cause not all like certain l lunch meats.

You can also do as the one poster said about tortillas......my son love wraps. I get the BIG 10 inch tortillas. Then load it up with MAYO,(or hold the MAYO!) then the meat, lettuce, a few tablespoons of drained CANNED tomatoes, OR sliced fresh roma tomatoes, shredded cheese.

Roll it up and then slice it up into 2 inch peices. Hold it together with the colored toothpicks.

You can do the same with pita bread if you can find any that stay together once you fill them and cut them into triangles once you stuff them!

Also have fresh veggies and dip for them too. A better alternative...and maybe a few chips and dips?

Hopefully it will go well for ya! And if their parents hang out, you can all help them and enjoy it!

Happy Birthday to your boys!
    Anonymous