What's a Pagan? What's a Wiccan?

What do they believe?

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 8:25 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't know exactly so don't take my word for it. I have had a wiccan tell me though that they are a form of paganism. correct me please if I am wrong. that's all i know.
    Hali_Taylor

Answer by Hali_Taylor at 8:28 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• wicca - the polytheistic nature religion of modern witchcraft whose central deity is a mother goddess; claims origins in pre-Christian pagan religions of western Europe
    pagan-a person who follows a polytheistic or pre-Christian religion (not a Christian or Muslim or Jew) a heathen
    i am wiccan
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:34 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I have placed several links for you if you don't mind reading...
    Pagan/Paganism is an umbrella term used for those whom do not follow the more mainstream religions....Wicca is one of many Pagan religions ... it is as diverse as it's practicers are... some believe in many Gods some believe in a Father and Mother God (balance) and there are some whom only follow a Goddess and those as with all of the Gods are of different Phathons of the followers choice... Some Wiccans practice Witchcraft and some do not... also not ALL Pagans are Wiccans...
    http://www.paganpride.org/resources/whatiswicca.html
    http://www.paganfederation.org/paganism.htm

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 8:42 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• They eat babies and kittens. For real. I saw it on Fox News.

laughing

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 9:48 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I am an Eclectic Pagan Witch. I was once Wiccan. Please feel free to PM if any of the links that gmasboy provided for you are not clear or if you have more questions. I'd be happy to help. (we do not believe in conversion so no need to worry about pressure. lol)
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:12 PM on Nov. 16, 2009