Medicaid/WIC/Food Stamp/Other Government Assistance/Child Support

Medicaid/WIC/Food Stamp/Other Government Assistance/Child Support. If you are on any of those types of assistance, do you agree, that a "sperm donor" of a man is what made you choose to do that? Do you get money from child support? Would you choose to go on assistance if you didn't get child support and qualified for the assistance?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Health

• My daughter is on medicaid as of right now. The reason being that if she were to be on mine or my S.O.'s insurance, it would cost too much. So we put he ron medicaid. I do not recieve child support because we, my s.o and I, live together and split her costs. and heck yeah id go on it if my situation were different. it's hard enough being a single mom, any help is welcome. If it benefits your child, then you swallow your pride if its in the way. hope my answer helps!
    Fanta-Mommy

Answer by Fanta-Mommy at 8:35 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• well im on wic and i have medicaid due to me being a student...but i agree with what fanta mommy said if its there take it y not...we our lucky that our government has this type of help for us...so if u need the help take it
    LuLu614

Answer by LuLu614 at 8:50 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• YOU chose to HAVE and KEEP the baby! YOU chose to have unprotected sex! How is it the sprem doners fault?
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:53 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I think that the father should be responsible for half of the child's expenses whether it be food, diapers, medical or whatnot. I think if you have the need for the assistance then allow them to help you.
    TBKSuperMama

Answer by TBKSuperMama at 1:57 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• im not sure my babys daddy was deported when she was to months old so my mom gets food stamps and medacade for us at least until i turn 18 but i dont see the point in fileing for child support because he is not in this country and what if one day he is allowed to come back an he gets put in jail for not paying
    ?
    .
    cielo1

Answer by cielo1 at 1:55 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Hey I'm so happy to pay the costs of your screwing around. I love that--if it is there take it mentality too. How nice. I work my butt off, have 2 degrees, pay daycare, tuition, a mortgage, car payments, and so much more, but hey I'm happy to add you all on too. How about birth control and a 2nd and 3rd job.
    Anonymous

• After raising my son for four years alone, I decided to get child support from his "sperm donor" check out child support recovery and they do the work to help you.
    Anonymous

• Its not just you that helps pay for this "person that decided to remain anonymous bc they are obviously too scared to show who they are"... eveyrone who works a real job pays for this.. and if the government is offereing it and you qualify.. GET IT!! its not like everyone just gets it because HEY ITS THERE!.. you have to QUALIFY.. meaning you wont get it if you dont need it. so why dont you stop complaining about your "LIFE" that you "CHOSE" to live and pay for your bills... the bills that most people have... how can you have the nerve to tell someone to go get a 2nd and 3rd job.. when you dont even have the nerve to show your true identity? ugh....
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:57 AM on Jun. 30, 2008