Pooty Training help

My daughter is 24 months. She is showing intrest in going on the potty. She wants to wear big girl underwear and will sit on the potty. But she still will pee and poop herself. She tells me she has gone poop and pee. I am lost, and do not know what to do. Help please.

Kimberly0627

Asked by Kimberly0627 at 8:31 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• 07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 8:40 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• If she's interested, and you're interested and ready to commit, I'd say do this: Plan to stay home a few days. Put her in undies and a sweatshirt (turn up the heat), keep a potty close by, and remind her that when she needs to go, she should use the potty. Watch her like crazy, and as soon as she starts to have an accident, move her to the potty, so she finishes on the pot. Don't scold her, just remind her that's where pee and poo go, and reward her (small reward) any time a little makes it in. She should get it in no time as long as you are consistent (take her immediately to the potty every time and DON'T put her in a pull-up or diaper to leave the house!). You'll clean up a few messes, but it's the easiest way for her to learn. She'll associate the sensation of needing to go with the potty, and since you don't force her to sit there when she doesn't need to go, it takes the power struggle out. My dd did this at 19 months
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:44 PM on Nov. 16, 2009