Why bother having any tree at all?

Okay, I'm not familiar with many other beliefs or religions, but I do know that the Christmas tree stands for Christmas celebrated by Christians. Are there any other religions who have such a tree to represent their holy holiday? So, I ask, why bother to have a tree at the White House at all if it's not going to be called a Christmas Tree, but rather, a Holiday tree? Either keep it as it should be, or not put one up at all. Thoughts?

TeensMom07

Asked by TeensMom07 at 8:31 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• You are looking for something else to nitpick about. Who cares if it's called a Holiday Tree. There are holidays other than Christmas that fall in December. A lof of families have Holiday Trees. It shows diversity. OR is diversity not in your vocab? We have a Holiday Tree. My in laws are not Christians and my family is so we meet in the middle. It's only a big deal if you make it out to be. Which you are.
    Anonymous

• take a history course. then re-post.

and no, i don't think there should be a tree (for a number of reasons that i have neither the time nor the space to list). personal opinion... call me scrooge. lol
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:35 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• No one knows if that whole story is true or not...has it ever been confirmed by the White House?

What difference does it make if it's called a Christmas tree, or an X-mas tree, or a holiday tree? There's not a lot of "Christ" left in "Christmas" anyway. It's all about spending money we don't have and getting further into debt. It's sad but that's the reality of Christmas in the U.S.A.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:36 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• BC if there wasn't a tree he'd be accused of "muslim"ing up the white house even more.
    Anonymous

• I really do not care what mr obama does in his house. if he walks naked or not or if he likes to spank his wife on the butt while they do it. why do you care so much if people call it a "CHRISTMAS TREE OR NOT"? so i guess OP lady that my husband and i cant buy a HOLIDAY YULE TREE because you say so? yea let me bow down to you huh? I call it whatever the F i want! its going to be MY YULE tree and im going to love it! so shut up and move on. go kick rocks
    Anonymous

• There's not a lot of "Christ" left in "Christmas" anyway. It's all about spending money we don't have and getting further into debt. It's sad but that's the reality of Christmas in the U.S.A.
    ______
    Well than O'blowhard should definitely want to keep it called a Christmas tree. Cause he is spending spending and getting us further into debt!
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 8:43 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• A Christmas tree has nothing to do with Christianity

Christmas is about the celebration of Jesus' birth. Not the size of the Sears display, or who has the most lights on their house in the neighborhood

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:44 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• anon:34 - Diversity ONCE was in my vocabulary, but with all of this PC BS, it's hard to be that way, anymore. I don't care what religion a person is or how they celebrate, but frankly, I get sick and tired of being forced stand back, be scolded if I discuss my beliefs, but have to be quiet if someone should wish to force their beliefs onto me. If my neighbor wants to put up a Menorah, that's fine with me, but don't bitch if I want to put up a nativity scene. Make sense to you, now? This is just another one of those PC BS things being thrown at us... we have to accept their ways, but they don't have to accept ours. It should be a 2-way street all around. So, yes, in answer to your response, I AM nit picking about it because I'm sick of having to stand back and allow people to put down my beliefs or condemn me if I want to display something of my religion in my yard, but I better not bitch about theirs.
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 8:45 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• To me it seems that a SEIU Tree or a George Soros Tree would be more fitting for Barack Hussein Obama...mmm..mmmm..mmmm
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:46 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Maybe it should be called a late-December tree. I don't care what it's called, really.
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 8:46 PM on Nov. 16, 2009