WHEN CAN I GET MY FIRST ULTRA SOUND IF I JUST FOUND OUT I WAS PREGNANT ON SATURDAY?

mrsrogers2008

Asked by mrsrogers2008 at 8:40 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• an ob. they'll want to schedule it anywhere from 6-10 weeks. why don't you know that you get U/S at the doctor? or did I misunderstand your question?
    Anonymous

• Usually Dr's give an ultrasound around 15-18 weeks. He/She will let you know at your first appointment.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 8:41 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• at the first sceduled drs appointment they will do a vagina ultrasound to confirm pregnancy and how far along. GL
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 8:43 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• it really depends on your doctor. some doctors wait till about 12 weeks before you get your first appt and ultra sound. (it will more than likely be a vaginal U/S) SOME doctors don't give an ultra sound at all until it's time for them to take pics of the organs (when you find out the sex, about 20wks) instead, they just check for the heartbeat.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 8:56 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I think it really depends on your dr and insurance. I only got 1 ultrasound at 20wks with both my pregnancies.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 9:05 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• If you are over 35 they will give you an ultrasound earlier than 20 weeks. Ask your doctor when and how many they plan to do.
    Anonymous

• i got my first one at 10 weeks
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 9:30 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• If you just found out then you are probably about a month along so in 4 more months. You can probably elect to have one a few weeks early, but what would be the point? It's best to wait until about 18-20, at this point all the body parts are formed. I don't think that it's good for the baby to have so many done.
    Anonymous

• It depends on the OB or midwife. If they have a reason some will give them in the early weeks. Pretty much all give one around 20 weeks.
    Congrats!
    Anonymous

• Around here, you get 1 at 18-20 wks and thats it for the whole pregnancy....Unless there are concerns that is.
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 12:41 AM on Nov. 17, 2009