how many cutting boards do u have and what are their purposes?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 8:42 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I have none. Granite is the best counter top I could ask for! I cut right on it and then disinfect it when done!
    MinnieMagic

Answer by MinnieMagic at 10:18 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• None.
    Anonymous

• One for meat. One for vegetables, one for sea food.

Answer by louise2 at 8:44 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• 1 glass and 2 plastic ones. I use the plastic ones more because they are easier to work with and not loud when you are cutting against them. I use it for chopping anything from meat to Veges. I also heard all other cutting boards besides plastic can harbor bacteria and don't come as clean.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 8:44 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I have 3 - two smaller plastic ones that are for veggies, and 1 large ceramic one for meat.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:06 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• None. I use plates or cookie sheets that I don't use for baking food directly on.
    Anonymous

• Maybe 6? Mostly for making sandwiches. But sometimes for veggies, chicken.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 10:42 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I have one really big, over the sink, glass one; and a couple of the flexible ones. Their puposes are all to protect my counters from knives.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:21 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Eight. Four of varying sizes for veggies/cooked stuff, then a set of 4 flexible ones, color coded for meat, fish poultry and veggies (though the flexible veggie one is really only used for getting ingredients into the mixer while it's running, since the other cutting boards are nicer.)
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:24 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I have a set of color-coded flexible ones - a red one for meat, a blue one for fish, a yellow one for chicken, a green one for fruits & vegetables and a clear one for breads. I also have a solid blue plastic one for GF breads.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 3:03 PM on Nov. 17, 2009