Have you been persecuted for your love of Jesus?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Nope.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 8:47 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• No I have been persecuted for NOT love of Jesus.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:48 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• No, but I've been persecuted for NOT loving Jesus.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 8:50 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I was reading in the Bible, that Jesus says a father will turn away their son or daughter because of Jesus or mother too.I felt alone in my faith at times my family didn't understand,it's a lonely road sometimes but Jesus was always there to comfort me as long as I looked to him for comfort sang praise songs and ofered up thanksgiving..
    Anonymous

• No... Only for Not Loving Jesus...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 8:55 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• no but i hate when my grandparents nag and nag at me about how if i'm not a believer that i will go to hell. How does anyone here know where you are going to go in your after life? Just because a book says something...??? I mean I'm not gonna say I don't believe there was a Jesus but i don't believe you have to devote your life to someone that you dont know or have never met. Does anyone believe that maybe the bible was written so that people would tell the truth...like to scare people. The whole placing your hand on the bible and your under oath thing?? Did they do that back in the day?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:05 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• i have been persecuted for loving jesus by my one athiest friend. it was more of just annoying nagging though i guess. and when i went through my unbelief phase i was persecuted all the time. so i've been persecuted for my love and not love.
    Anonymous

• I completely doubt that any person who lives in America has EVER BEEN persecuted for being a Christian.

Sorry, not buying it.

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 9:47 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I wasnt , but my brother was !!!!
    When he announced at 16 he was dedicating his life to smuggling bibles to Russia (way,way,way, back in those cold war days LOL) my mum did a good impersonation of persecution. And the teacher that sold the idea to him at school was given a piece of her mind too !!!!!
    Yeah way to go mum !!!!!!!!!!!! She was awsome, she rarely gets spitting angry, but the thought of her son rotting in a Russian jail for bible smuggling pressed all her red buttons. I dont think I have ever seen her as angry and it now several decades later LOL.
    zanzeebeel

Answer by zanzeebeel at 12:44 AM on Nov. 17, 2009