he wants to sleep in seperate beds....

...and it's not for the reason you think! I am currently 7 months pregnant with our 2nd child, and sleeping is not easy to come by these days (thanks, sciatic nerve!). My husband snores ALOT. So, when our dd was sick last week, he started sleeping in the guest bedroom so she could stay with me (we do this when she's sick). So, she went back to her room, and I fully expected him to crawl into bed w/ me. But he didn't! He says he likes sleeping in the spare room becuase he can snore away without waking me from my so-so sleep. I guess I just feel bad because it;s not like we've been doing it because it's not as easy to physically get into it, ya know? So, is he being incredibly sweet? Or should I make his butt get back in bed with me? I admit I am sleeping a bit better with the bed to myself! Anyone else go thru this?

iamcafemom83

Asked by iamcafemom83 at 8:47 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• Be thankful.

Sleep, sleep, sleep.

The love is there and you will soon be snuggled back up together.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 8:49 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• hmmmm........i wouldnt be able to do it. if my hubby sleeps in a different room i am up and down all night. even though he snores crazy too i need to be able to roll over and touch him.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 8:50 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I would personally make him come back to bed.

Answer by louise2 at 8:51 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• He is being sweet mostly.
    When DD was an infant - getting her back to sleep after nursing in the middle of the night was HORRID because of the snoring. It would keep waking her and me too. Hubby felt very badly cause he couldn't control it. He actually had SURGERY to help the snoring! It was for us but also for him. He couldn't sleep comfortably because he was afraid he'd snore and keep us awake.
    Let him sleep in the spare room for a bit - it gives you BOTH some sleep and you'll be needing that soon!
    auroragold

Answer by auroragold at 8:52 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• maybe sometimes its ok to sleep separate, me n my hubby do when im getting too uncomfortable or hes snoring too loud....i would say we do that on an average of once a week
    guitarmom101

Answer by guitarmom101 at 8:55 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• i just got married 6 months ago... and i cant wait to get our tax return after the new year so that i can go buy a new bed to go in our extra bedroom so i can go sleep in it or i can kick my hubby out of bed one when he starts his snoring and teeth grinding!!!!!
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:56 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Wow, I'd love it for that to happen. I think he's being considerate of your need for sleep.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:57 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Sleeping in separate rooms can be good for marriages imo. You can still get together for sex but sleeping well is a good thing for you both. My adult dd and her fiance have had separate bedrooms for years over his snoring.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:07 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Dh and I sleep in different rooms because he snores and thrashes all over the bed at night. he actually rolls over on to me and doesn't even start to wake up lol. And he sleeps like a rock, so when he starts snoring I cannot wake him up. A few weeks after he moved in he got tired of waking up every morning to find me on the couch. He falls asleep as soon as his head hits the pillow, and it takes me forever to sleep and I'm a very light sleeper. So now we just alternate taking turns sleeping on the couch. hasn't affected our sex life any. And I enjoy a full nights sleep without having to listen to him and without being squished by him in sleep :)
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 9:18 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• A king size bed helped to resolve our sleep issues.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:46 PM on Nov. 16, 2009