Should I buy my 16 month old a potty chair for Christmas? She'll be 18 months old by then.

What do you think? Do you think it's too soon to buy a potty chair for my little one?

I'm not saying that I'm only going to give her a potty for Christmas...lol...I mean buying her a potty in addition to the other toys I plan to purchase.

Fallaya

Asked by Fallaya at 9:08 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• Speaking from experience. I am a mother of 3 boys and 2 girls. Girls are way way easier and train much eariler than boys. Never hurts to introduce a potty even if you don't really try at first. Good luck!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:27 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• No, I dont think it's too early at all. I bought my daughter a potty for her first birthday. She sees it all the time and actualy takes it apart. She is very comfortable with it, so I think when she is ready for potty training, it will be easier. Just because you buy it, doesn't mean you expect her to jump on it right away . . . she'll get used to it and be more comfortable with it.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:15 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Nope we have had one in our bathroom since our LO was 14 mos old. She sits on it when I go potty. Go for it.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:47 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• It's good to get it so she can get used to it before she's expected to use it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:20 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Buying the potty and letting your child get comfortable with it is always a good plan. But be careful about not pushing too hard to potty train. Wait for your little one to show interest in it. That will make potty training easier. (Also as a side note, its easier to actually potty train in the summer time. Bc then kids can run around in just a pull up. Its hard for little kids to get all those clothes off to go potty!)
    Gypsy-Eyed-Mom

Answer by Gypsy-Eyed-Mom at 11:23 PM on Nov. 16, 2009