"Kosher" Mexican Food?

My sister's new boyfriend is Jewish and pretty traditional. I'm cooking Mexican for her b-day and need to include some dishes for him.
Any suggestions?

P.S. I also posted in the Food sec.

ddbz

Asked by ddbz at 9:13 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• my friend is making a 'mexican shabbat dinner'. this is her link on facebook if you have that...
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=166764119509&ref=ts

esterm

Answer by esterm at 9:22 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Make the meal vegetarian to avoid the meat-dairy mixing restrictions. I would make

Cheeseand mushroom-stuffed chile rellanos, saffron quinoa with tomatoes, corn, and peas, vegetarian refried black beans, and tres leches cake for dessert.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:07 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Kosher is a lot more intense than mixing meat and dairy. For someone that observes an orthodox kosher lifestyle meats and dairy must be certified kosher. cookware and serving ware for meats and dairy are separate and never mixed. Hopefully, for your sake, he is observing a reformed kosher type lifestyle.
    Anonymous

• So it's looking like I should buy something pre-made and a special set of silverware and some paper plates. If we all eat off of the disposables, then no one should be offended, I hope.

Thanks for the link esterm, I'll be taking some time to see if I feel good about preparing anything in my godless kitchen.
    ddbz

Answer by ddbz at 11:30 PM on Nov. 16, 2009