100.5 fever and rash

Last Thursday my son (11 mos) had a temp of 100.5 and a rash on his body. The temp lasted about 24hrs and the rash still has not gone away. The red bumps were not itching him and have begun to heal. There are very small scabs on them thoday. He is feeling fine other wise. I am curious if anyone has experienced this with their child and if so what was diagnosed. His doctor only said it was a viral infection and recommended benadryl. Never really gave it a name. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I know there are lots of toddler viruses that only toddlers get. My daughter had one called Roseola when she was 14 months and it was awful... that one was more like high fever but no other symptoms for 3 days, then a rash as the fever broke. In any case, there isn't anything you can do for a virus except let it run its course and treat the symptoms. I don't think it's cause for worry.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:46 PM on Nov. 16, 2009