If you live in the south, whats the job situation like in your state?

I'm from SC(and NC) and currently stuck in this craphole they call MI. I wanna go home, and when we get our tax returns, we're leaving. If you wouldn't mind, could you tell me the (general) city/state you are in and what the job market looks like? We don't need fancy jobs, more just general labor, factory work, house cleaning, etc. We're trying to keep to the southeastern states. Any suggestions are welcome. Its got to be warmer weather though! :)

EvaSerenity

Asked by EvaSerenity at 9:58 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Money & Work

• San Antonio still has a great economy compared to 95%of the rest of the country.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:01 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I've been working at home for over a year and I've been able to find some successful jobs working at home as an independent contractor, I got some information through this site and I've gotten a lot of help try visiting the site and give them a try, they may be able to help you out if your trying to build your own business, I know they've help me. :)
    http://www.wahmjobfinder.com/livelonger
    WAHMLivingHappy

Answer by WAHMLivingHappy at 11:13 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Chattanooga Tennessee. DH and I got hired quickly and there are no state income taxes at all!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Raleigh, NC and the job situation is great. I keep hearing about the economy, but it hasn't hurt us yet. And dropping housing market? Not here!

Answer by missanc at 7:48 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I live in central utah and everyone who shops at walmart is either on wic,food stamps,or assistance nobody has money we've had breakins in the area and expensive items stolen from properties to be sold God knows where in the middle of the night..so here isn't the place to come but good luck :)
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 11:05 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• DON'T USE MY QUESTION AS AN ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITY. SERIOUSLY-THIS HAD NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH A DAMN THING IN MY QUESTION.

"I've been working at home for over a year and I've been able to find some successful jobs working at home as an independent contractor, I got some information through this site and I've gotten a lot of help try visiting the site and give them a try, they may be able to help you out if your trying to build your own business, I know they've help me. :)
    http://www.wahmjobfinder.com/livelonger "
    EvaSerenity

Answer by EvaSerenity at 12:58 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Thanks ladies, for all the wonderful (and relevant!) answers. I'm especially glad to hear that TN is not as hopeless as I thought-thats where we would really like to be! I will leave the post open, just in case I get anymore replies. Thanks again for all your help! :)
    EvaSerenity

Answer by EvaSerenity at 1:01 PM on Nov. 17, 2009